Sweet Chilli Mushrooms with Halloumi Cheese
24 September 2016
Sweet chilli mushrooms, topped off with halloumi cheese and served on the side with rocket salad makes the perfect dish for your dinner party starter or as light snack.
You can find more recipes like this at Just add mushrooms.
- 8 flat mushrooms
- 4 tbsp chilli flavoured or extra virgin olive oil
- 150g halloumi cheese, sliced
- 4 -6tbsp Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce
- rocket salad leaves to serve
- Heat the grill to high. Place the mushrooms gill-side up on a grill rack, brush all over with the oil and season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook under the grill for 5 mins until the juices start to run.
- Top with the halloumi cheese slices, then return to the grill and cook for a further 4-5mins until the cheese is golden and crisp. Arrange two on four serving plates and spoon a little chilli sauce over each. Serve with the salad leaves.
Read more from RecipesView All
4 May 2021
Made with Mushrooms revels partnership with Melissa Hemsley to encourage the nation to eat more fungiThe UK and Ireland Mushrooms Producers is launching a new campaign to support their Made With...
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ...
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth...
10 November 2020
Lemony CarbonaraWe’ve teamed up with @JustAddMushrooms to help encourage everyone to use up their mushrooms and...