Festive Portobello Mushroom Bake
23 September 2016
This Portobello Mushroom Bake definitely has the WOW factor! This recipe can be whipped up quickly in a matter of minutes and is guaranteed to be loved by both meat eaters and vegetarians. Ideal for a starter or as a light lunch!
- 150g easy-cook long grain rice
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stalks removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion or 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 small courgette, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives or parsley
- 50g natural Greek yoghurt
- 100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water for 12 minutes, according to pack instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
- Put the mushrooms, gills facing up, into a roasting tin. Chop the stalks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and cook the red onion or spring onions and courgette for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, chopped mushroom stalks and herbs and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the rice thoroughly and stir it into the vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper, then spoon into the mushrooms.
- Mix together the Greek yogurt and cheese, then spoon it on top of the rice mixture. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Read more from RecipesView All
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ...
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth...
10 November 2020
Lemony CarbonaraWe’ve teamed up with @JustAddMushrooms to help encourage everyone to use up their mushrooms and...
24 September 2016
Sweet Chilli Mushrooms with Halloumi CheeseSweet chilli mushrooms, topped off with halloumi cheese and served on the side with rocket salad...