Portabello Mushroom Burger
18 September 2016
Burgers never go out of fashion, but if you want to keep the costs and calories down without losing out on taste, we suggest you try this delicious mushroom burger.
- 4 large portabello or large field mushrooms
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 crusty ciabatta rolls
- crisp lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- houmous to serve
- Place the mushrooms in a shallow dish, add the oil, garlic and seasoning and toss until the mushrooms are evenly coated. Leave to marinate for at least 10mins.
- Cook the mushrooms over hot barbecue coals or a griddle pan for 8-10mins turning once until browned on both sides and tender when tested with a fork. Transfer to a plate, gill side down and leave for 5mins.
- Toast the ciabatta rolls on the hot barbecue coals. Fill with lettuce, tomato and top with the mushrooms. Delicious served with houmous spooned over.
Read more from RecipesView All
19 April 2022
Garlic Mushrooms Anyone?Frying mushrooms is one of the simplest ways to bring out their delicious, earthy flavour.... Read More »
4 May 2021
Made with Mushrooms revels partnership with Melissa Hemsley to encourage the nation to eat more fungiThe UK and Ireland Mushrooms Producers is launching a new campaign to support their Made With... Read More »
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ... Read More »
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth... Read More »
The benefits of working for Monaghan
Monaghan’s culture is built on a natural curiosity to find out more. This is how we achieve true breakthroughs that further our position as a world-leading business. Join us and you will be joining a dynamic, diverse team of 3,000 people that continues to grow. We are fully committed to developing our people at every level of the business.
We’re proud to play a key role in nurturing the next generation of fresh young talent. We believe in the power of opportunities and that’s why we’ve created a culture where everyone has an equal chance to grow and prosper.