Portabello Mushroom Burger
18 September 2016
Burgers never go out of fashion, but if you want to keep the costs and calories down without losing out on taste, we suggest you try this delicious mushroom burger.
- 4 large portabello or large field mushrooms
- 30ml/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 crusty ciabatta rolls
- crisp lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- houmous to serve
- Place the mushrooms in a shallow dish, add the oil, garlic and seasoning and toss until the mushrooms are evenly coated. Leave to marinate for at least 10mins.
- Cook the mushrooms over hot barbecue coals or a griddle pan for 8-10mins turning once until browned on both sides and tender when tested with a fork. Transfer to a plate, gill side down and leave for 5mins.
- Toast the ciabatta rolls on the hot barbecue coals. Fill with lettuce, tomato and top with the mushrooms. Delicious served with houmous spooned over.
Read more from RecipesView All
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ...
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth...
10 November 2020
Lemony CarbonaraWe’ve teamed up with @JustAddMushrooms to help encourage everyone to use up their mushrooms and...
24 September 2016
Sweet Chilli Mushrooms with Halloumi CheeseSweet chilli mushrooms, topped off with halloumi cheese and served on the side with rocket salad...