Spinach, Mushroom, Avocado and Bacon Salad
17 September 2016
Mushrooms are sometimes overlooked when it comes to salads, but they add lots of extra flavour and texture.
For the salad:
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 (100g) bag salad or baby spinach
- 150g/5oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
For the dressing:
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5ml/1tsp clear honey
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 6-8mins, turning once until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper before snipping it into bite sized pieces.
- Empty the spinach into a large serving bowl, add the mushrooms, avocado and bacon. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve straight away with a good sprinkling of ground black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Read more from RecipesView All
19 April 2022
Garlic Mushrooms Anyone?Frying mushrooms is one of the simplest ways to bring out their delicious, earthy flavour....
4 May 2021
Made with Mushrooms revels partnership with Melissa Hemsley to encourage the nation to eat more fungiThe UK and Ireland Mushrooms Producers is launching a new campaign to support their Made With...
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ...
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth...