Spinach, Mushroom, Avocado and Bacon Salad
17 September 2016
Mushrooms are sometimes overlooked when it comes to salads, but they add lots of extra flavour and texture.
For the salad:
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 (100g) bag salad or baby spinach
- 150g/5oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
For the dressing:
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5ml/1tsp clear honey
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 6-8mins, turning once until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper before snipping it into bite sized pieces.
- Empty the spinach into a large serving bowl, add the mushrooms, avocado and bacon. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve straight away with a good sprinkling of ground black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Read more from RecipesView All
19 April 2022
Garlic Mushrooms Anyone?Frying mushrooms is one of the simplest ways to bring out their delicious, earthy flavour.... Read More »
4 May 2021
Made with Mushrooms revels partnership with Melissa Hemsley to encourage the nation to eat more fungiThe UK and Ireland Mushrooms Producers is launching a new campaign to support their Made With... Read More »
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ... Read More »
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth... Read More »
The benefits of working for Monaghan
Monaghan’s culture is built on a natural curiosity to find out more. This is how we achieve true breakthroughs that further our position as a world-leading business. Join us and you will be joining a dynamic, diverse team of 3,000 people that continues to grow. We are fully committed to developing our people at every level of the business.
We’re proud to play a key role in nurturing the next generation of fresh young talent. We believe in the power of opportunities and that’s why we’ve created a culture where everyone has an equal chance to grow and prosper.