Spinach, Mushroom, Avocado and Bacon Salad
17 September 2016
Mushrooms are sometimes overlooked when it comes to salads, but they add lots of extra flavour and texture.
For the salad:
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 (100g) bag salad or baby spinach
- 150g/5oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
For the dressing:
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp white wine vinegar
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain mustard
- 5ml/1tsp clear honey
- Cook the bacon under a hot grill for 6-8mins, turning once until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper before snipping it into bite sized pieces.
- Empty the spinach into a large serving bowl, add the mushrooms, avocado and bacon. Whisk all the dressing ingredients together and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve straight away with a good sprinkling of ground black pepper. Serve with crusty bread.
Read more from RecipesView All
4 May 2021
Made with Mushrooms revels partnership with Melissa Hemsley to encourage the nation to eat more fungiThe UK and Ireland Mushrooms Producers is launching a new campaign to support their Made With...
9 December 2020
Why The Planet Loves Mushrooms And You Should TooThere are so many ways in which mushrooms have a positive impact on our natural environment. ...
20 November 2020
Mushrooms... an underrated ingredientTo us, mushrooms are a very underrated ingredient, not only are they tasty and offer so much depth...
10 November 2020
Lemony CarbonaraWe’ve teamed up with @JustAddMushrooms to help encourage everyone to use up their mushrooms and...